Garage Door Tips
Here at Chicago Garage Doors Tips, we live and breathe garage door care. There’s a few tips of the trade that we’ve collected over the years - all of which we’d like to share with you so that you can best take care of your garage door, for maximum longevity and durability. Here’s a few of our most important safety tips.
- Garage doors can be dangerous. Don’t treat them like toys.
- Never leave your garage remote inside your car.
- Always secure your garage door’s emergency release.
- Keep your garage locked.
- Never leave your garage door open.
- Frost or cover up garage door windows.
- Never let children operate garage doors, or stand nearby one while it’s operating.
- Never allow children to even access any remote controls or control consoles for garage door opener systems.
- Never stand or walk near a moving garage door.
- When you’re opening or closing your garage, make sure to keep the door in full view until it’s completely opened or closed.
- Make sure to keep your hands and fingers away from the door while it’s in motion.
- Make sure that your garage receives annual maintenance to ensure it’s continual full operation.
- Any garage door servicing should only be handled by a trained technician.
- Don’t ever attempt to fix a garage door’s springs or cables by yourself, as they are subject to massive amounts of tension and can hurt you severely if mishandled.
- If a car ever gets backed into a garage door, make sure to have it inspected and/or repaired by a licensed service technician.
Garage Door Repair
Fixing Garage Doors in Chicago
Every garage door will experience some amount of malfunction over time, just as any machinery is prone to experience. However, garage doors should be able to stay operational for long periods of time, and we are dedicated to ensuring the lasting longevity and successful operation of all manners of garage doors. Garage doors, however, are complicated pieces of technology, with many integral small moving parts. These include cables and springs that are subject to massive amounts of tension. These cables and springs are quite difficult to repair - and should only be repaired by licensed professionals who understand the ins and outs of doing so. Amateur attempts at repairing garage doors and garage door openers can prove quite dangerous; which is why we urge our customers to contact us for our professional garage door inspection and repair services if there’s something up with their garage door - rather than taking the risk of fixing it themselves.
Chicago Garage Doors provides garage door repair services including, but not limited to:
- Garage Door Repair
- Garage Door Track Realignment
- Garage Door Chain Repair
- Garage Door Jamming Repair
- Garage Door Opener Repair
- Garage Door Belt Repair
- Garage Door Remote Control Repair
- Garage Door Control Console Repair
When to call the Chicago Garage Pro
Garage door repairs should never be tackled by oneself. It’s always best to contact a professional garage door expert, as garage door equipment is incredibly heavy and dangerous, being subject to massive amounts of tension. There’s many reasons to need to call a Chicago garage door pro; here are some of them.
Garage doors not closing
This may be an issue with the operator or blockages over the photo sensors - or even drained batteries in the remote devices. If it’s any other issues, call a professional.
The garage door rollers and bearings need to get lubricated. Call a professional to get a full tune up.
Grinding sounds and ratcheting movement
This is usually caused by worn down garage door rollers, or garage door rollers with wheels that have broken off from the shaft. Call a professional to get the rollers fully replaced.
Door not fully closing with a blinking light
This is likely due to blockages over the photo sensors, or misalignment of the photo sensors. Ensure that there’s nothing blocking the sensors and that they are pointed right at each other.
Transmitters out of battery
This is a simple battery change, but is best (and most quickly) handled by a professional garage door expert.
Broken Garage Springs or Cables
This dangerous issue can cause your garage door to come crashing down suddenly. Only trust a garage door repair expert to handle this technically complicated repair.