There’s a wide variety of fantastic garage door accessories that can work directly with your existing garage door system in ways that fantastically benefit your ease of access, and practical convenience. Here’s a list of some of the best types of garage door accessories, as prepared by the experts at Garage Door Repair Chicago.
Wireless Exterior Keypads
- These get rid of the need to enter your home in order to operate your garage door, as the control keypad is mounted outdoors.
- The exterior keypads are wireless, allowing for easy access.
- Keypads work like remote controls, and you use a 4 digit code that you can change according to your wishes.
- These keypads work great if you have any sort of shed where you can’t install an entrance door.
Garage Door Monitors
- Are you unsure if the garage door has been shut while you’re comfortable in your house about to fall asleep. This device helps you monitor and close up to 4 garage doors from the comfort of your home.
- These devices help you perfectly park your car when you enter your garage.
- It helps you maximize the amount of space within your garage by showing you exactly what position to park in, and when to stop.
- It works much easier than hanging an indicator from the ceiling!
Wireless Control Panels
- These can be installed on an access door that heads outside, and can be very handy when you’re in a rush to leave your home.
- These can also be installed on the outdoor frames of your garage door for easy access.
LiftMaster Internet Gateways
- These devices represent the latest updates in residential and commercial garage door technology.
- They utilize Wi-Fi technology through an application to allow you to remotely open and shut your garage door from anywhere on Planet Earth.
- This is perfect for those situations when you can’t remember if you shut your garage door while you’re already on your way to work in a rush.
- This allows you to remotely open and shut garage doors for home deliveries, even when you’re not there.
- It has perfect compatibility with garage door openers that may not be made by LiftMaster.
Backup Battery Systems
- These provide a safety net for power outages, allowing you to open and close your garage door even when the power grid is down.
- These batteries, for the most part, only work with certain brands of door openers – namely LiftMaster, Chamberlain, and Mastercraft.
Mini Remote Controls
- Ideal for those who want a discreet remote control that they don’t have to keep conspicuously on their glove compartment, where it’s potentially tempting for passing burglars.
- It’s so tiny it can be placed on keyrings or inside small purses, so that you always have it with you.
- This common garage door device can be sued with any brand of Garage Door Opener including LiftMaster and Chamberlain, and allows you to open your garage door at the push of a button.
- There’s universal programming options, so you can ensure that your remote control works with any brand of garage door opener you may have – even obscure ones.